Sunday, February 20, 2011

First Film Project Ever

Okay so i showed some pictures yesterday. The first one was from my first film project with the theme Light and Shadows. This project really helped me figure out how to run my camera. I have only ever used digital cameras and truthfully i had not the slightest clue how to even load the film into the camera. After ruining a roll of film i finally figured it out. There was art in the park that weekend so Jenny and I decided to go there and look around and i could get random pictures along the way. 
It was a lot of fun. There was lots of things to look at and some pretty sweet shadows happening. The picture of the bolt was a lot of fun. We were standing at the cross walk and right when the walk signal went i looked down at the street light and saw the huge bolt and the shadow the sun was creating. I set the shutter speed and aperture as fast as i could took the picture and ran across the street as the light changed. It was by far my favorite picture from the batch. Some of my other favorites are below.

 
This is the Friendship bridge. We crossed over it to get to
the park. I really liked the lines that were captured in the
image.

This is a park bench. . . obviously. I was sad that i lost the
detail in the highlight of the sun on the bench. I think it
would have looked so much more interesting.
Before i got to the bench we passed through the rose garden.
The shadows on the roses and the light passing through the
petals. It doesn't show light and shadow that well but i still
love this picture 
I got back home and had some film left I
loved the shadows that the the blinds
 and the back of the chair created. Again
I wish i hadn't lost the detail of the
cushion in the highlight.

5 comments:

  1. I like your light and shadow pictures too. Grammy made the comment that you used her picture on this post. She really likes the roses. Glad you gave them to her for Christmas. Good work, I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bench and the chair. Those shadows made really cool shapes. I also wish that the bench one showed more detail because that bench was pretty cool. You should take more of these shadow pictures because they turned out really cool and it sounded like you really enjoyed this project. can't wait to see what pictures you will put up next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph! Your pictures are beautiful! Like Jenny, my faves are the bench and the chair. You might have lost some of the detail in some of the photos but at the same time, that's not what your picture is about. Its about the light, so the subject of your piece is not the bench or the chair, but the light that shines through it. They look great! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Stephanie. I want to see more... keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blog! I don't get on these things very often, but I'll try and check back from time to time. You should check out interfecelift.com... It's a site of some pretty cool pictures. You can post some of your stuff there too and get feedback from people who really know what they're doing. (I pretty much just go there for desktop backgrounds for my computer, but hey, I thought you might like to check it out.... Jeff

    ReplyDelete